Vision & Mission
To be one of the most respected corporate foundations in the country excelling in project management and contributing significantly to create factors responsible for sustainable livelihoods.
ABF's mission is based on the classical theory of development wherein sustainable livelihood is defined as the livelihood which can cope with and recover from stress and shocks, maintains or enhances capabilities and assets (social, physical and economic) and create conditions that are suitable for better education, health and sanitation seeking behavior and sustainable livelihood for the next generation.
It aims to support programs, projects and activities that focus on creating conditions suitable for sustainable livelihood. For this endeavor, ABF partners with civil society organizations and provide them with financial, technical and capacity development support to make positive contributions in the lives of the underprivileged and vulnerable communities.
- Strive to reach out and create meaningful socioeconomic impact in the lives of the vulnerable and underprivileged sections of the society i.e the differently abled, street children, destitute women, children of commercial sex workers, people suffering from natural disasters; and poor disadvantaged families.
- Support projects and programs that are aligned with the national development priorities, needs of the communities and are in sync with the CSR objectives and policies of Axis Bank.
- Core thematic focus shall be to strengthen livelihood security through interventions that facilitates better access and leverage with Government programs, schemes and infrastructures. Within the larger subset of strengthening sustainable livelihood, we shall focus on education, natural resource management, agriculture, horticulture and livestock development, micro enterprise, vocational training and skill development.
- Undertake research on socially relevant issues, document best practices and engage proactively with relevant Government agencies, International development organizations and other corporate foundations for transformational advocacy.
- Endeavor to ensure project management excellence by application of results based management approaches to all the work that has a focus on appropriately defined systems and processes and measuring the impact.
- Endeavor to develop the capacities and capabilities of the staff members, partners and the other stakeholders at the community level through exposure to new approaches, systems and technology.
- Be guided by the core values and ethics that govern operations namely transparency, team work, and focus on community.